The new “Yauro Zone” is located between the Yuma and Auro discoveries along the LP Fault. A significant structural dilation has localized multiple high-grade gold mineralized intervals.
- The Yauro Zone consists of several gold intervals spanning two drill holes collared 125 metres apart, with intervals of mineralization observed over 300 metres of apparent width.
- Results include: 32.00 g/t gold over 2.65 metres and 21.33 g/t gold over 3.30 metres, within a wider interval of 5.14 g/t gold over 37.40 metres; 30.66 g/t gold over 3.45 metres, within a wider interval of 5.60 g/t gold over 25.25 metres; and 35.96 g/t gold over 1.73 metres, within a wider interval of 2.01 g/t gold over 66.20 metres.
- Gold mineralization extends to within metres of surface in both discovery drill holes.
- The gold system at Yauro appears to increase in apparent width and number of gold intervals with increasing depth. This pattern is observed in most areas drilled to-date along the LP Fault.
- The zone occurs near an inflection point in the LP Fault system, where the strike direction of the main structure changes. This is also a critical gold control at other large Archean gold deposits.
- Drilling one kilometre southeast of the Auro Zone in the new “Viggo Zone” has extended the LP Fault gold mineralized system to 4 kilometres of strike length, which remains open to extension.
- The first drill hole testing the “North Fault” has intersected Hinge Zone style gold-bearing quartz veins. Follow-up drilling will test this new 18 kilometre long target which parallels the LP Fault.
The new Yauro Zone discovery is located half way between the Yuma and Auro Zones along the LP Fault 380 metres to the southeast of the Yuma Zone discovery, and 390 metres to the northwest of the Auro Zone discovery. The Yauro Zone occurs near a deflection point in the trend of the LP Fault, as shown on Figure 2. The LP Fault trends more northwesterly to the west of Yauro, and more east-westerly to the east of Yauro.
This discovery marks the largest apparent concentration of near-surface high-grade gold intersected at the Dixie property to-date.
Figure 2: High-grade gold results to-date along the LP Fault and adjacent Hinge and Limb Zones. The locations of the new Yauro Zone and North Fault zones are shown.